Pageviews

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Body and Chassis

Time to focus on cleaning up the engine bay to receive the motor, and working my way towards paint.

I've decided to remove the AC system and all the lines for now. I'll come back later and maybe do the heater core, and a possible oil filter relocation. 

Also power washed the bay and the steering rack


I removed all the shitty looking (and heavy) sound deadener, but decided it best to keep the heat shields for obvious reasons.


      Removed the headlight assemblies and the grills. I've got some cleaning and freshening to do on the headlights, as well as putting some lamin-x on the high beams lenses. 
      For now I'm going to clean, scuff, and paint the grills


Center section done. I know you can buy these already black and fairly cheap, but this one I had was pretty beat up, cracked a little, and the chrome was peeling off. Might as well just paint it for now, especially since I was doing the side grills anyway



All dried, back on the car, and looking great! I love the small, quick to finish jobs that make a difference on a project. Everything else takes so long, and so much work, and you need these little victories


     Since I still want the option to street drive this for a little while, I'm going to order new turn signals and marker lights, as well as fog lamp block off plates from Bavarian Auto. 
     I have new hardware coming this week for the bumper cover, brake cooling vents, and oil cooler cover. Since that's all that's left with the exception of the lamin-x for the headlights, I could have the front end all back together by next weekend...ish...hopefully

Stay tuned...





 




No comments:

Post a Comment