Pageviews

Monday, July 29, 2013

Engine Progress

     Being that the original engine was shot, I sourced another m20 from a 1990 325i off craigslist. It only had 135K on it, and the dude even had a video of it running right before he took it out. Drove up to Maryland and brought it home in the pouring rain.
 
 
Got it up on the stand and started some cleaning and the removing of a few parts for powder coating.



 
     Going ahead and doing a new timing belt and water pump since I'm down this far and waiting on parts to come back from coating. Also putting in some new exhaust studs and copper nuts from Ireland engineering


 
Got a few things back, and I'm getting excited. It's looking good


 
     Got all my parts back, and they looked so nice I didn't want to put my old hardware back in so I went to ACE hardware and cleaned them out of metric stainless bolts. I had to actually hit three different locations to get all that I needed




 
     I went ahead and sent out even more little parts, including my motor mounts after seeing how nice it was all coming together. 
     Also, since spec e30 doesn't allow headers or any modifications to the motor to speak of, I decided to send out the original exhaust manifolds for ceramic coating.
      That's going to put the motor progress on hold for a bit, so I'm going to bide my time through body work for the moment. Also need to clean up the engine bay and decide what components to keep, and which to delete

Stay tuned...












No comments:

Post a Comment